Friday, December 18, 2015




The Point Vicente Lighthouse resides at the most southwestern point of the Palos Verdes peninsula. Not all that many angles to shoot from, as the lighthouse are on coast guard grounds. This is the common angle which doesn’t always get the benefit of a nice sunset burn as it faces more South. However on this day clouds were clustered in this direction so I chanced it and decided to shoot here for sunset which proved to pay off. I used my telephoto to frame out all the distractions and most of the cliffs below, just focusing the shot on the lighthouse and the palm trees. I took some wide angle shots that I’ll share later before the afterburn which had some nice yellows. Just as I snapped on the 70-200 as it was glowing pink, I had a couple come ask to take a pic for them. Normally I would be happy too but not at the height of the burn. I only got off 3 shots, 2 which were blurry as I was rushing. Probably would have made a good xmas card, but sorry I had to get my shot.

Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/16, 5 sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/