Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Best of 2015 - Los Angeles skyline




I categorize my website by different type of scapes so I’ll be sharing some of my favorite ones shot this year in each category to close out 2015.

Category: City scapes

Date Taken: 2/24/15

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Probably my favorite location to view LA from. I’m still after an epic sunrise or sunset burn from here with fresh snow on the San Gabriel’s. I’ve been here more times than I can count looking for that shot. It’s either a dull sky, too smoggy/foggy which doesn’t make the mountain as crisp as I would like, or there is no snow. Winter is the only time I can get it, and I’ve been waiting for another storm to roll through to try again. I had everything I needed this day except the sky didn’t cooperate. Therefore I stayed after sunset and captured a nice twilight shot with the city lights on. What I like about this shot is that there was still enough ambient light at twilight to illuminate the snow capped mountains in the background which pretty much disappear into the darkness 20 mins later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/