Thursday, December 24, 2015

Best of 2015 - Milky Way from Convict lake




I categorize my website by different type of scapes so I’ll be sharing some of my favorite ones shot this year in each category to close out 2015.


Category: Nightscapes – Milky Way


Date Taken: 8/20/15


Location: Convict Lake, CA


Another one of my favorite Milky Way shots, this one from a place I absolutely love. Convict Lake is always a stop when I’m in the Mammoth area no matter what season. I love how the boat dock looks out towards the lake and always wanted a shot here under the stars as it’s nice and dark here. Conditions never lined up prior to this shot as the slightest wind causes the boats to move making this long exposure shot difficult unless you snap a foreground exposure before dark. While I was out there this night it was super windy and I had already taken most of my shots from other spots on the lake. As I was just about done the wind just died so I rushed over to the dock to catch this shot. The vertical summer Milky Way lines up perfectly shooting out of Laurel Mountain in the background. Not only one of my fav night shots, but one of my fav shots from here in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/