Sunday, December 27, 2015

Best of 2015 - Steel wool in San Pedro





I categorize my website by different type of scapes so I’ll be sharing some of my favorite ones shot this year in each category to close out 2015.


Category: Steel wool scapes


Date Taken: 9/7/15


Location: San Pedro, CA


For the most part, a spin is a spin. You can increase/decrease the size, do orbs or other shapes, and add other light elements to try and change things up. Location matters in these types of shots so we did a bunch of exploring earlier in the year when we were still spinning. San Pedro had quite a few awesome spots including this one. Got a chance to collab with my man @dariustwin who owns the night writing game. This was all done in a single exposure with the wool orb spun first, then Darren going in and drawing his skeletons afterwards. I’ve never run a 5 minute wool exposure so when I checked the LCD after this shot, I was amazed with how it came out. I have some other wool only spins that I like more than this image, but nothing quite as unique and that’s what puts it at the top in this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/