Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Best of 2015 - landscapes from Malibu



I categorize my website by different type of scapes so I’ll be sharing some of my favorite ones shot this year in each category to close out 2015.

Category: Land scapes

Date Taken: 7/7/15

Location: Malibu, CA

So who thought it was going to be a fall shot of trees? This year we were out in Malibu quite a bit during the gloom months to try and catch some nice fog rolling through the Santa Monica Mountains at sunset. Unfortunately, it’s not all that close and we only got out there once in a while. Needless to say I still haven’t captured many of the fog shots I want out there. However this particular day there was a bit of haze lingering around the horizon. As the sun dipped into it, it created these awesome rays through the mountain ridges. I snapped on a telephoto to frame the sun and the rays in a triangular pattern. I love the light/dark contrast here caused by the rays, and given that it’s something different than your average shot from here and that is what makes it a great image to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/