Monday, December 21, 2015

Best of 2015 - nightscapes milky way


I categorize my website by different type of scapes so I’ll be sharing some of my favorite ones shot this year in each category to close out 2015.

Category: Nightscapes – Milky Way

Date Taken: 4/17/15

Location: Red Rock Canyon, CA

I’ve taken a handful of MW images this year that I like including some at Convict Lake, the petroglyphs, and Joshua Tree. This one stands out for 2 reasons. One, it’s a little different than all my other shots as I was able to catch a big rig flying by adding some perfect light trails leading out to the Milky Way. Two, it was the first time I used the D750 + 20mm 1.8 combo and I was stunned at the amount of detail it could pick up wide open with a high ISO. Shot during International Dark Sky week. Red Rock isn’t the darkest area but it’s quite sufficient for being 1.5 hours outside of Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/