Thursday, September 29, 2016

Seattle sunrise from alki beach



So this happened when I was up in Seattle. I headed across the bay to Alki to catch the sunrise. As I arrived during the am twilight hours the clouds were looking real good directly over the city so I setup near the boat ramp and waited. As the sun started to come up the clouds slowly drifted to the right. While it didn’t end up directly over the city, the burn was quite awesome. I gave it a LE treatment to both smooth out the water and to put a tiny bit of motion into the clouds. The burn looked like a huge hand coming out from the city. I hung around for a little while after it died down and just enjoyed the peace and quiet of being out there as I don’t see many sunrises these days. Nikon D750, Nikkor 24-120mm, f/11, 60 sec, ISO 50 with a 6 stop ND and CPL stacked.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/