Sunday, August 30, 2015

Love Boats - Convict Lake Milky Way

Convict Lake boat dock, Mammoth Lakes Milky Way
 
 
 
I knew I had to spend some time shooting the night sky at Convict lake. It was super windy through the night and the moon was still in the frame until around 10:30pm. At around 11pm, the wind pretty much died completely and I headed straight to the boat dock to snap some before it picked back up. Long exposure shots here aren't always possible as the slightest wind moves the dock and boats causing them to be blurry. I snapped a few comps here and then a few from the classic lookout. Here is one of the comps from the dock with 2 boats lined up in front of the Milky Way. I think the boat on the right moved ever so slightly. I'll dig into the other shots I took here next week. Happy sunday.
 
 
Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, f/2, 15 sec, ISO-6400
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/