Friday, August 28, 2015

Day vs. Night

Sky Rock, Volcanic Tablelands

Yesterday I showed you a daytime shot from here. Today I show you one of the many comps I took here at night, and no better way than to use the new format. IMO it's the best of both worlds to be able to show most of your image but still retain the square grid format. This shots been on my photography list for some time now and I'm glad I finally had the chance to get it. It was probably the most difficult night shot I've taken so far since the petroglyphs are literally inches in front of you. This is essentially a vertically oriented 3 x 3 pano which consists of 3 vertical rows of 3 shots panned horizontally. I could have made my life easier with a wider lens, and I plan on bringing one when I return here in October. I wanted to keep everything natural with no light painting and I'm pretty happy with the results. No focus stacking was needed on this shot, but I did take some other comps utilizing that technique which I will get around to editing soon. Hopefully this image gives you a glimpse of how special this place is and how cool it was to be out here capturing thousands of year old rock art sitting below the Milky Way.
 
All shots: Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, f/1.8, 15 sec, ISO-6400
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/