Friday, October 7, 2016

eastern sierra startrails over petroglyphs




Here’s a redo of my startrail shot over the petroglyphs. I cleaned up the sky a bit and made the foreground more prominent by scaling it compared to the prior edit which had way more sky. I like to see a bit of sky above the North Star but my original edit had quite a bit too much which was taking away from the subject. I’ll be back here soon so I like to re-do some of my previous shots to see if I can pull out a cleaner edit or it will tell me what I need to do differently if I need to make a return trip. I’d love to get some fall color astro shots so we’ll just have to see if the colors are poppin off when I get there. Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-24, f/2.8, 15 sec, ISO-6400 processed in starstax and photoshop.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/