Thursday, July 9, 2015

Experiences Over Everything - Machu Picchu



As photographers, I'm sure we all have those places where we look back and say damn I wish I could go back and reshoot it with what I know now. Two places come to mind for me. One is Sydney, Australia where I went for my honeymoon and the other is this place right here. While this in no way takes away from the experiences I gained while traveling, it does make me critique my older shots and think about what I should have done differently. I do occasionally whip out old files and put a re-edit on them with new techniques learned but these 2 trips were both shot with a bridge camera with jpg files only so there's only so much that can be done. I still love this shot for the memories it sparks, and the blessing that we were even lucky enough to see this place with clear conditions in December as it is fogged out a lot of the time. I'm also jealous of the view that these Llamas have on a daily, so here is a shot of a Llama ass looking out towards one of the New7Wonders of the world.
 

Do any shots come to mind for you? Would you choose to go back there just to retake shots, or travel somewhere new?
 

 Shot about 5 years ago: Panasonic DMC-FZ28, f/8, 1/30 sec, ISO-320

www.bay-photography.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/