Saturday, December 10, 2016

Lone Juniper and Balanced Rock - Joshua Tree National Park




The illusion of the smaller rock under the juniper tree from this angle is something very cool and I prefer it to having the two subjects side by side. I brought the 14-24 here so I could really get up close to the root system coming out of the rocks to show the details of it. I probably waited a few hours for the Milky Way to align after snapping a foreground shot. At the time I wanted to wait longer until it was clear of the tree, but I ended up liking it this way sort of a play on the tree hunched over carrying the Milky Way. The green airglow was just a bonus to making this shot a favorite of the year.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/