Monday, December 26, 2016

Fall milky way - eastern sierras




I’ve wanted a fall aspen Milky Way shot ever since I started shooting astro I just never found a comp that would work well….until I spotted this line up in the loop. The aspen grove lined up perfectly in front of the peak which all faced SW towards the Milky Way. The recent storm dumped a bit of snow on the peak which was perfect. To really compress the scene, I used the 50mm which I’ve never done with stars before but after processing this it turned out to be one of my favorite Milky Way images I’ve ever shot. As a note always keep in mind the rule of 500, so if you are using a longer focal length you must reduce your shutter speed to avoid stars trailing due to the rotation of the earth, unless you are using a tracking device. I’ll be looking to try this again next year when I return.


www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/