Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Moonlit Drive - Joshua Tree Geminid meteor




Here is a still from my timelapse from Joshua Tree Sunday night. We were treated to a pretty epic sunset followed by a decent size window where the clouds cleared leaving the sky nice and open to watch the Geminid meteor shower. I setup my foreground shot after twilight before I started the sequence, using the crescent moon behind me to provide nice subtle light. The star exposure was maybe an hour later when the moon set and we saw a nice bright one streak by. This shot points North as I am going to work on a startrail shot with this same comp, therefore the meteor doesn’t appear to be coming at you as it would if you were facing Gemini. After this lapse, the clouds came in real fast and pretty much covered the entire sky so we snapped a few with the clouds and called it a night.

Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, foreground: f/4, 126 sec, ISO-3200; sky: f/2, 15 sec, ISO-6400

www.bay-photography.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/