Sunday, December 20, 2015

Joshua Tree Star Trails


Here is the final startrail shot from the Geminid meteor shower while we were out in Joshua Tree.  For this trail shot I only stacked about 60 of them, from when the sky was mostly clear. The files towards the end where the clouds came in make it look a little too hectic and the clouds overpowered the trails. What I like about using less of the files is you get not only the trails, but some of the cloud movement too which is subtle enough and not overpowering. It’s interesting to play around with a different amount of files to get shorter/longer trails. I’m not quite sure which I prefer yet, all I know is they are cool!

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/