Friday, June 17, 2016

Sunset Fog - Malibu CA



Always wanted to catch the fog rolling down the canyon at sunset in Malibu. I’m not all that close so it’s really a gamble based off what cams and weather reports look like. Plus this thick June gloom makes it a prime time to try. The fog wasn’t heavy enough to drop far enough down so I focused my shot near the top where it was spilling over. I always liked the house that sits on this bend and knew some light trails below it would be a cool addition. Problem with this road is it’s hit or miss with cars. Sometimes you get a ton of them, sometimes it’s just dead. This night was dead so I used a separate exposure for when I got some cars passing by and blended it into my shot. No high clouds but the sky kept a nice orange hue well after the sun had set. Wouldn’t call Malibu local, but one of my favorite shots from here. 

Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/16, 20 sec, ISO-160

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/