Thursday, June 23, 2016

Lost - Mesquite dunes Death Valley




I get that feeling a lot when shooting astro and just star gazing in general wondering what else is out there. I also get it, but in a different sense, when shooting scenes like this where the landscape is just so vast and you really can’t appreciate it until you show a human element for scale. This was the case when I was wandering the Mesquite dunes in Death Valley after sunrise this day. I didn’t see anyone else out there at sunrise and as I was wandering around I spotted one other person walking amongst the dunes. I suspect he spotted me too as we both stopped walking and snapped shots back at eachother. The dune layering provided excellent patterns to complement the shot. Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-200, f/18, 1/30 sec, ISO-100


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/