Friday, June 10, 2016

Malibu Dreamscape - Milky Way plus fog




I have bucket list locations and bucket list shots. Locations are places like Alaska that I’d just love to go to. Shots can be from anywhere as they are just shots that have all elements line up perfectly from a vantage that I want. One of those is this shot from Malibu. I’ve been here a handful of times trying to get the fog just as it is coming into the canyon on a night where the MW would be pretty visible. I’ve been here with no fog and when the fog was already too thick to make out any details underneath. Reason to catch the fog just as it is coming in is to still make out the lights on Malibu Canyon Rd and some of the ones down near PCH/Pepperdine. As I got to this spot, the fog was already coming in and I literally took 4 foreground shots before it got too thick. This shot is comprised of 2 snaps as a vertical pano; one for the foreground as the fog rolled in and one for the MW about 3 hours later as the MW aligned just before the clouds on the right overtook the sky. Both shots were with the Nikon D750, Nikkor 14mm 2.8, f/2.8, 15 sec, ISO-3200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/