Saturday, September 19, 2015

Spillage - Palos Verdes Sunset

Palos Verdes sunset high tide water flow

I love how you can visit the same exact spot and come back with such different shots each time. The clouds/sunset play a huge role but when you're on the coast so does the tide. When I'm here at low tide, I'm able to walk a lot further out to explore the tidepools. When the tide is high, I stay back and capture shots like this when sets come crashing in. I originally was going for a more subtle flow as the water was cascading nicely off the rock in my foreground but once I saw this on my computer I knew I wanted to use it instead. This is a blend of 2 exposures, one for the water and one for the sky.
 
Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, f/14, ISO-50, 1/10 sec and 1/2 sec.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/