Monday, July 2, 2018

Frozen Convict Lake and Milky Way in the winter



Here’s a blend from my last trip up to Convict. I was originally after a reflection of the scene but it was super windy so after doing a bit of walking around in the dark I saw that the marina had a few ice patterns from the frozen water. I shot the Milky Way first then I shot the foreground around the am twilight hour to get a bit of ambient light on the scene. This is just about as far right the MW will position in the winter months before the rising sun washes out the sky. The shots you see slotted between McGee/Aggie and Laurel are from later in the year which is why I like this lake during autumn. It was still cool to see so much snow on the Sierras at the end of March.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/