Friday, May 12, 2017

Malibu fog and sun rays at sunset



This is the place to be when the marine layer rolls in. It was overcast at home and down at the Malibu beach level before I made the climb up, but as soon as I started climbing up Piuma I broke free and got to witness some amazing fog rolling down the Santa Monica Mountains. I’ve already been here a few times this year but this is probably the best I’ve seen. My trifecta here is the valley full of fog, rays piercing through the peaks, and a nice burn up top. This is pretty damn close, but I’ll be coming back here more during the gloom months to try and snag another. I went a tad wider here to catch the golden hour burn as well as the backlit tree tops to use in my foreground. I hiked up a little ways from the popular pull out to get a slightly different comp. Nikon D750, Nikkor 24-120, f/11, ISO-100, multiple exposures manually blended.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/