Monday, May 22, 2017

Joshua Tree National Park - startrails by moonlight




Here’s the first startrail I setup for during our last trip out to JTNP while we were waiting for the MW to rise. We found some cool formations around the barker dam area. I shot the foreground at twilight and as we were waiting for the night to fall, the setting moon provided some great side light on the scene so I re-shot my foreground under the moonlight which added some nice shadows to give some extra depth to the shot. I then ran my lapse for the trails and combined them to what you see here. You can see previous water levels on some of the rocks towards the back. This park never disappoints and there is so much to explore here. I’m lucky to live fairly close to here and hope the park stays protected so that I can bring my kids here when they get older.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/