Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Pfeiffer beach sunset Big Sur




After the keyhole light disappeared due to clouds, I ran above to capture the sunset. The clouds got pretty thick but a bit of color managed to squeeze through. Close to sunset I noticed some small looking mattamus clouds forming overhead. I snapped this one just a tad after the sun set when the sky still had some nice color. This was with my wide angle, so the clouds were pretty high in the sky and those down on the beach level most likely did not see them unless they looked straight up. I framed in the purple sand which was quite abundant due to the recent storms. The purple comes from the manganese garnet deposits that wash down from the cliffs. I snapped the foreground exposure as a wave came crashing through the portal and with the slower shutter it definitely looks cool. I then snapped 2 exposures for the sky, and blended them using luminosity masks. 

Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-24, f/11, ISO-64, multiple exposures.

www.bay-photography.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/