Sunday, January 1, 2017

Los Angeles Sunset




Let’s start the year off with a dramatic shot from my favorite view of LA. This was taken after the last big storm we had which wiped away all that smog and pollution giving a crystal clear view of the San Gabriels. The benefit of sunset from this spot is that you can capture that last light on Baldy just about a minute or two before it sets. There was a bit of haze behind me which helped diffuse the light even more giving it a nice orange glow. I waited until the light crept above the city where it was only hitting the snow capped peaks when I snapped this. I left the city dark to really emphasize the last light, however there are no true blacks in the image. A bit of lingering clouds around the peaks helped add to the mood. I knew there wasn’t going to be a dramatic sunset so I was after something different, which I think I captured here.

Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200 + 1.4x TC, f/14, 0.3 sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/