Friday, January 13, 2017

Keyhole ach sunset - Big Sur



Here’s one of the close-ups from the first night when the sky didn’t really have much going on which was perfect to focus on some zoomed in shots. If you recall my preview posts, I mentioned that the wind was so strong it was blowing the mist away which was preventing a solid beam from forming. I was disappointed until I dug into the files to see what cool patterns the wind was causing. I’ve only really seen solid beams from here, nothing quite like this so in a sense I’m happy that I was able to catch something a bit different from a place where everything looks similar. I took both fast and longer exposures and found that the longer exposures made the mist more prominent and gave the water some slight movement which I like. The key to time the shots is right after a wave crashes through the portal both creating the mist and making the splashes that break off the rocks which light up from the sun. This wasn’t quite at sunset as the light is still a bit yellow. 

Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/16, ¼ sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/