Monday, January 14, 2019

Mammatus clouds over Los Angeles



Last night’s ominous mammatus clouds which I like to call jellyfish clouds. There’s always a good chance of seeing these things before an incoming storm. These clouds drifted nicely from west to east but they were still a bit high in the sky so I took 2 shots, one for the foreground and partially covered snow capped Baldy, and one higher in the sky for the mammatus clouds and combined them. I could have probably caught these with my wide but I only had my 70-200 on me last night. We don’t get these formations around here a ton so always nice to see. Would have been cool if they were actually hanging this low over the city. At one point the entire sky above me was full of them…was amazing to just look up and watch them float by.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/