Monday, August 7, 2017

Yosemite Valley sunset shadows



Look like tunnel view? It’s actually the mirror image with Horsetail and El Cap on the right and the Cathedrals and Bridalveil on the left. This was my original comp for Firefall but most of the clouds blew away so I stuck to tele comps only. The sun was splashing across the valley floor though and it made for some epic light and shadow play. I snapped this series just as the sun was about to set behind the Cathedrals. What’s cool about Firefall is you can see that beam of light on Horsetail get smaller and smaller until it turns into the epic condensed beam of lava light. I’m glad I took this series while we were waiting before the clouds blew away. 

Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-24, f/14, ISO-50, multiple exposures blended. 

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/