Monday, August 28, 2017

Twin Falls, Mammoth Lakes



I don’t shoot mid-day often but the clouds we had made it impossible not to. They were the thick cumulous clouds and weren’t moving very fast so I knew I needed a super long exposure to get some streaking. I stacked my 10 stop ND and CPL to give me about 13 stops to allow me to leave the shutter open for 100 seconds. The mist made this shot hard, but a trick you can use is you can get away with quickly cleaning your lens with a cloth during your exposure since your exposure is so long. Be careful tho as sometimes darker spots can show up if you take too long, or you can easily bump/move your camera if you aren’t careful. This one worked out well tho as it was just a quick swipe of the cloth. The cloud streaks made some really cool patterns in this one. Looking down twin falls is one of my favorite views in Mammoth, looking up is equally as impressive.  

Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-24, f/18, 103 sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/