Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend shooting

So I met up with my buddy Jeff who I haven't seen since we used to skate back in the day. I wanted to re-take a shot in Palos Verdes, on the top of PV Drive looking down the s-curve so I took him there to go shooting. He didn't have a wide angle so he was setting up a bunch of different shots and videos.



Sunset was pretty nice which lit up clouds the way we were facing. I setup a bit after sunset and waited for blue hour. I knew this was going to be tricky because blue hour only lasts for a good 30 minutes, and the road isn't a busy one so I needed some luck to get cars coming in both directions.

Unfortunately I didn't get a good shot that night. We tried to go check out the Vincent Thomas Bridge after since Jeff hasn't seen many places around San Pedro and Long Beach, but Harbor Blvd was closed off. We'll have to hit up some spots later on.

J and I went to see a movie and eat at Pavich pizza the next day. Still one of our faves around the area.



Since we were in San Pedro, I made another trip to the lookout to try and get another shot. Fortunately, that night was the night of the supermoon so there were quite a few cars that stopped off to take pictures of it rising around sunset. So I setup and waited for blue hour again. This time there was quite a bit more traffic so I snagged one with about a 74 sec single exposure.

Twilight light trails in Palos Verdes, CA

Left the foreground dark intentionally to keep focus on the car trails and the blue twilight sky. The moon adds a nice touch. I thought about taking a short exposure to blend it in, but wanted to keep this one pure with a single exposure.

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/