Sunday, December 4, 2011

My 9/80 at Bolsa Chica Reserve

I am thankful for my flexible schedule at work. 9/80's mean less people on the road, less people at location, and spending every other Friday doing anything I want. With my 300mm F4 packed up, I headed back down to the Bolsa Chica reserve. Water level was lower so I walked around the reserve, rather than hanging out on the bridge. I was on the lookout for birds feeding, as well as birds I have not captured before.

Great blue heron trying to feed on a dead grebe. This thing was at it for a good 15 minutes, figuring out how to try to jam it down its throat. It kept trying, then washing it off, then trying again. I left to take other pics, but returend after and it was gone. I'm guessing it was not successful in eating it.






Reddish egret




Willet feeding on some kind of kelp


White-faced Ibis


Flock of willets. These things were flying in huge packs and you could hear their wings buzz as they flew by.


Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
http://bayphotography.smugmug.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/