Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Firework spectators - Los Angeles



My standard firework shots are shot around f/8, 5-8 secs, ISO-100 but with this frame I wanted to catch the group of people watching the show. It was a candid shot so I had to shorten my shutter speed to freeze them as best as I could but still have a bit of a slow shutter to catch the streaks of the fireworks. I used my zoom lens to compress the scene, giving the sense that the fireworks are right in front of the spectators. I enjoy the main cluster of people, but really enjoy the couple off to the left sitting on the ground. Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/11, 1 sec, ISO-800

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/