Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Supermoon over Los Angeles




Here is yesterday’s supermoon, the closets it’s been in some 70 years which won’t be this close again for another 20 or so years. Best way to catch this is near the horizon with a telephoto framing it with a subject to give it scale so I headed out to Baldwin Hills as moonrise lined up perfectly behind the city from this angle, thanks to planning from TPE. Moonrise came over the mountain just a tad after twilight ended which made this hard to process but as soon as I saw this frame with the Heli flying directly in front of the moon as it was still coming out from behind the mountain I knew it was the one to use. I actually had to double process this image, pulling shadows from a copy of the same file as the original file was exposed for the moon leaving the city very dark. I could have pulled shadows a tad bit more but I think it looks ok darker to draw the attention to the moon.  Nikon D750, Nikkor 300mm f/4, f/8, 1/100 sec, ISO-1600

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/