Monday, September 19, 2016

Wild About Kerry - Kerry Park sunrise, Seattle




A slightly different take from the standard Kerry Park shot. I came here for the first sunrise of my trip and there wasn’t too much interest in the sky at sunrise but got some nice clouds that blew into the frame after the sun rose. I noticed this bunch of wildflowers on the hillside the day before and knew I wanted this comp. I was glad to be able to see Mt. Rainier from here for the first time. All previous times it has been blocked by clouds. I contemplated a lower POV to block the street and cars but it would have meant some of the wildflowers towards the middle would not be visible so I stuck with this slightly higher vantage. After all, it is a city shot with a touch of nature to go along with it. This is composed of multiple exposures as well as several focused stacked shots as my camera was close to the flowers. Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, f/11, ISO-320. The ISO was bumped a bit to keep the flowers still from the slight wind.


www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/