Friday, February 19, 2016

Seagrass - Palos Verdes sunset seascape





Here is a re-edited version of an oldie but goodie. I’ve been trying to reshoot this because it was when I first got my D750 and was still using the DX Tokina 11-16 lens with it so it’s not the sharpest. But I haven’t been able to get the right conditions to match this shot so I ended up taking a re-edit to it. The original file was blended; this one is all from a single file. I warmed up the white balance to really bring the sunset to life and worked on keeping the vibrant seagrass on the greener side to really contrast against the burn. I brought out the shadows quite a bit as well. Using the shorter exposure, the rocks in the foreground aren’t as blurred as they were with the longer exposure as there is less tide moving through the scene, but it is still long enough to smooth out the water to my liking. The grass in the immediate foreground isn’t sharp either probably because I focused too far back. I’ll get back out to get this one of these days.

Nikon D750, Tokina 11-16, f/11, 10 sec, ISO-100

www.bay-photography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/