Sunday, September 27, 2015

Zen - Low fog over Palos Verdes

Low fog sunset from Palos Verdes


Sometimes it's the unexpected photos that turn out to be the good ones. I wasn't expecting to shoot last night. I was out in Palos Verdes scouting some spots and the sky was pretty clear where I was. In fact I didn't even take my camera out. I packed up prior to sunset and headed back home. As I was near the top of the hill I glanced out towards the ocean and saw some low fog with clouds above starting to light up. I took the first turn at a nearby park, ran up the hill, and caught the afterburn. I love watching a good sunset, but I also like to capture people watching them as well. This comp caught my eye as I was walking up. A single bench with a lady just sitting peacefully enjoying the show. This view is looking NE towards the southbay beaches with Malibu out in the distance. I think I've seen low fog over the southbay once before and I didn't have my camera so I was glad I could capture this moment. If I woulda knew it was rolling in I woulda been here for sunset.
 
 
Nikon D750, Nikkor 24-120 @120mm, f/4, 1/200 sec, ISO-1000
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/