Sunday, April 9, 2017

Malibu Mammatus clouds




Here’s one of the shots I took during Friday’s epic display of Mammatus over the Santa Monica mountains. I spotted some weird textures as I was on PCH and as I was winding up Piuma they were getting really wicked. I stopped at the main pull out to snap this formation before it blew away. I pretty much had time to snap some at 50, 70 and with my wide before they started breaking up and drifting to the right. I packed up, headed up to the dirt lot with the memorial to snap more as they kept shape shifting. I would have liked to be at the higher pullout for the original shots but I didn’t want to risk them loosing formation before I was able to get there and get setup. The formation reminds me of a genie with the tornado part on the bottom left that you see coming out of the magic lanterns with his head top left. My wife saw a dog’s head. What do you see? I’ll share the many shapes I saw in posts down the road. Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/8, 1/40 sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/