Saturday, January 23, 2016

Serenity Now - Los Angeles Skyline sunset




Thursday was looking pretty iffy with cloud cover closing in fast. The clouds were thin tho so there was color peaking through all day which meant a chance for a burn. As it got closer to sunset it got thicker and hazy and pretty much became a gamble to head into LA to capture the San Gabriel range behind the skyline. We went in figuring we would get skunked but it sure did pay off. Sunset doesn’t always fire here as it faces east but Thursday’s fire sky burned in all directions. There were thicker clouds over the Gabriel’s so it didn’t light up as much as everywhere else, but still enough for me to capture this. It started off pink and turned orange before it disappeared. Some of the buildings have the intense orange glow from behind me as the sky was on fire. I was looking for less haze but the misty mood along with the pink glow gives the scene a surreal dreamy feel and I like it. Probably the closest I’ve gotten to the shot I am looking for from here so far and the first try of 2016! Now are you starting to see why I love this view so much?

Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/16, 3 sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/