Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Stars and Stripes - Eastern Sierra petroglyphs

Petroglyphs under the airglow sky


 After I was done shooting the milky way from this spot I turned around to capture the stars facing north as I ran my intervalometer for a startrail shot that I am working on. Before that, I captured a few single frames to see how it would look. Was picking up some airglow so I first setup my foreground focus and used some light painting, then focused for the stars and bumped the ISO up to 10k to get as much as I could out of it. I then blended the two in photoshop. The tail end of the Milky Way is on the right which is why the stars are brighter on that side. One of the coolest places I've spent under the stars.
 
Foreground: Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-24, f/4, 25 sec, ISO-3200 Sky: Nikon D750, Nikkor 14-24, f/2.8, 25 sec, ISO-10,000
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/