Monday, February 25, 2019

2019 Firefall - Yosemite National Park



The last time I witnessed Firefall in 2016 I hiked above the valley floor to get a different perspective from the masses. This year, I wanted the classic location but with the reflection in the Merced. Since most end up shooting telephoto (myself included) you don’t see too many of these because there is only so much space along the bend of the river where it isn’t flowing and spots here fill up FAST. There was still quite a bit of movement so I had to use an ND filter to smooth things out a bit. Not the picture perfect reflection but all in all it’s what I wanted this year.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/