Monday, December 17, 2018

Snowy Mt. Baldy with low fog in Los Angeles



With this shot becoming so popular nowadays the unique aspect of the shot is getting those unusual conditions. In terms of sky burns here it’s not all that common but it happens. In terms of low fog, this is the only time I’ve seen it under the skyline but not covering the snow caps. I still prefer a sunset here as the sunrise light gets quite hazy here as the sun hits the shot from the side but sunrise brings those rare opportunities such as this. This is a slightly different comp with Baldy offset of the city taken the morning after a fresh storm. You can see the sidelight starting to pour in which gave the fog a nice warm glow. That payoff of seeing the conditions unfold in front of me is worth it even if it means getting skunked more often than not. I have some pre-sunrise burns from this shoot that I’ll post later but I like the warmth of this one. Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200 + 1.4tc, f/11, 1/25 sec, ISO-50

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/