Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Milky Way over Hot Creek - Mammoth Lakes CA




Here’s one from my past weekend trip kicking off my MW season. I always loved this view where you can catch algae in Hot Creek. You can’t catch this position of the MW in the winter months tho so it’s composited. The MW used for this shot was shot during the am twilight hours and then the foreground was shot about 30 minutes later as it got brighter. I used my CPL to cut through the water surface to reveal the algae. This line up can be caught during the summer/fall months however I wanted this shot with the huge dump of snow on the Sierras. The actual position of the MW around this time is hugging the left side of this frame so not too much longer until it starts lining up from here and the standard hot creek viewpoint.


www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/