Friday, January 19, 2018

Palos Verdes cave sunset



Occasionally I will dig though archives to review the sesh for files I missed or skipped over at the time. I shot the PV caves a lot a few years back and got some incredible burns. My blending ability wasn’t as sharp as it is now so I ended up skipping over a lot of files that had major exposure variances in the shadows and highlights that I just couldn’t process how I wanted it to look. Here’s a set of exposures I recently worked on blending them to what you see here. Think I used about 5 files total. One for the cave, one for the water flow, and 3 for the sky. Until cameras can capture a huge exposure range, blending with luminosity masks is still the best way to achieve a natural and realistic blend to compensate for what technology cannot capture.

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/