Saturday, February 11, 2017

Lenticular clouds over Hollywood hills - Los Angeles




Got a heads up on Thursday the 9th from a friend that there was some sexy lenticulars over the San Gabriel range. As soon as I was able to break free I jammed to Kenneth Hahn to see what I could snap. The fog was already rolling in from the coast so I wasn’t that optimistic but luckily the fog was still spotty as I got up on the hill. The view out towards downtown was bad and the lenticular cloud out that way was a bit to the right of the city and lost a lot of its formation and layering. So I moved spots to the lookout where you can see the Hollywood sign and there was a nice long formation looming overhead. The Hollywood sign would go in and out of the fog and I just stood there admiring the scene for a little as the fog rolled by. I took out my camera and snapped a few handheld shots and literally 5 minutes later the Hollywood sign was no longer visible. Then about 10 minutes after that I got completely fogged in. You can still make out some layers of the cloud but not like earlier in the day. Still glad I was able to catch this in time as I’ve never seen these types of clouds over LA before. Definitely a cool shot to have. 

Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200, f/11, 1/100 sec, ISO-100

www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/