Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Strawberry Moon, Summer Solstice - Palos Verdes CA





A VERY quick and dirty edit on last night’s strawberry moon. Given that the next time summer solstice and the “strawberry” moon meet will be in 2062, I figured I’d get out and snap a few. Didn’t see any good local line ups based on what Stellarium was showing so I ended up going to a lookout in Palos Verdes where the full moon would rise behind the cliffs in the distance. Clouds/haze pretty much blocked the moon up until this point where it peaked out and then was visible thereafter. I wanted to capture it a bit lower so it wasn’t as bright but I still managed to pull out the foreground shadows in this exposure. Plus the twilight blues got even richer as compared to when it first rose. I’ll take a new moon over a full moon any day, but it was still fun to get out and snap some. Oh and happy summer everyone! Nikon D750, Nikkor 70-200 + 1.4x TC (effective focal length at 250mm), f/4, 1/20 sec, ISO-3200


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/