Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Anza Borrego Milky Way light painting



Maybe one of my favorites from this past trip to Anza Borrego. The sculptures are made of metal and it’s hard to capture the detail of them when its pitch black. Therefore I resorted to using my phone to light paint. I took 3 or so exposures focused on the dino to get some even light painting, then focused for the stars and blended them in post. Another thing I did was stack the three dino exposures to reduce noise as I do see quite a bit of noise shooting at 6400. There are programs out there you can use to stack files, but I just use the smart object stack mode mean in photoshop to achieve the same result. Digital noise isn’t in the same place in each shot so that method helps to reduce noise without sacrificing much detail. I’ll still use noise reduction software to further reduce the noise as needed.

Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, f/2, 15 sec, ISO-6400

www.bay-photography.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/