Friday, May 1, 2015

Long Beach on the Rocks

Long Beach sunset from the waterfront


I swear that could be the new drink . I headed out to the LBC last night to catch sunset at the waterfront and didn't realize they put in a dock that kind of blocks the un-obstructive view of the water. I actually went on the dock to shoot but long exposures are impossible as it bobs up and down. So I climbed out on the rocks by Parker's lighthouse to get this shot. It's made up of one long exposure with a shorter exposure to control the highlights where the sun was a bit bright still. Stacked my ND and CPL to smooth the water as it was windy. Stuck around for some twilight shots and called in a night with a homemade churro from the funnel cake house.
 
Nikon D750, Nikkor 20mm 1.8, f/14, 90 sec and 20 sec, f/14, ISO-200
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/