Monday, January 20, 2014

More around Los Angeles

J and I took Georgie to do the Hollywood sign hike for some exercise and I wanted to scope it out to come back and take a picture from behind the sign on a day after a storm when there is a good view of the city.

There are multiple paths, but if parking on Beachwood, the hike isn't too bad.





The sign at the top is blocked by a fence. You could either hop the fence, which is illegal, or shoot above the fence.



By the time we got to the top, we were facing the sun. It was foggy and smoggy anyway so the visibility wasn't good. When I go back for sunset, I'll bring a step stool so I could see above the fence and setup my tripod. For the shot above I just held my camera over the fence and snapped a few.

Last night, I went back to the DWP building to get a shot I took previously but at blue hour. I've been wanting to re-take a few of my photos at this hour rather than when the sky turns black as there's a greater separation between the dark buildings and the sky.



I'll probably re-take a few of the ones looking over the 3rd - 5th street overpasses as well in the coming weeks.

Heading up to SB in a few weeks. If there are clouds, I'll head back out to campus point for some seascape photography.

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
www.bay-photography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brandon Yoshizawa
B.A.Y | photography
Landscape and Wildlife photography
http://www.bay-photography.com/